Sunday 20 June 2010

Testing the game

Well - we tested the game. Prior to the picnic I had planted a few foxes in trees -as signs - no, most foxes don't climb trees.  But they were noticed. And then several children offered to scatter 36 or was it 48 foxes all over the playing field. Then they got gathered with relish by both children and adults.

There was too little time or place (and too much energy) to sit and do the puzzle till later on, so a mess of named and unnamed foxes were in a pile till the lunch after the service when the puzzles got sorted and matched by some diligent students. This game can work in both indoor and outdoor situations. I think I will come back to this verse as a lesson next season.

3 comments:

  1. If anyone could make a church-appropriate children's game drawn from the Song, it would be you. Kudos. Or shalom. Whichever sounds better to you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gary - that verse was my tag line on my email for 10 years. A scholarly friend was a bit critical of it so I became more serious. But how does one manage, control, transform the energies mostly misdirected of the foxes in our lives - like for Jesus, Herod - that old fox. I may try and write an exploration of this. It is certainly in my head at the moment - as if I were being encouraged - and thank you for your encouragement too.

    ReplyDelete