Thursday 7 October 2010

A brief on the Genizah fragments


A fragment to be unfolded
I had been prepared unexpectedly for a special gift this morning and my timing couldn't have been better. I had printed my boarding card and bus ticket and remembered that I had dropped my card at the Genizah manuscript office last week. This morning I made it back just to meet the director and see if our software might have some application to their online programs some day. It turned out I was just in time for an unofficial presentation of the fragments complete with an introduction to the Sisters of Sinai, a fine book and good read that I was already familiar with having met the author Janet Soskice at the John Albert Hall lectures last year. What a delightful presentation it was from researcher Gabriele Ferrarno, of which I will say more later.
a fragment recovered


No comments:

Post a Comment