Monday 6 June 2016

Zechariah 5

One thing Zechariah teaches us is to ask questions. He may have strange and dreamlike visions, but he asks rather than assuming he knows in advance the answers. Keep on with questions. Even simple ones.

Zechariah 5 Fn Min Max Syll
וָאָשׁ֕וּב וָאֶשָּׂ֥א עֵינַ֖י וָֽאֶרְאֶ֑ה
וְהִנֵּ֖ה מְגִלָּ֥ה עָפָֽה
1 And I turned and I lifted up my eyes and I saw,
and behold a flying scroll.
3e 4A 11
8
וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלַ֔י מָ֥ה אַתָּ֖ה רֹאֶ֑ה
וָאֹמַ֗ר אֲנִ֤י רֹאֶה֙ מְגִלָּ֣ה עָפָ֔ה אָרְכָּהּ֙ עֶשְׂרִ֣ים בָּֽאַמָּ֔ה וְרָחְבָּ֖הּ עֶ֥שֶׂר בָּאַמָּֽה
2 And he said to me, what you are seeing?
And I said, I, I see a flying scroll, her length twenty cubits, and her breadth ten cubits.
3e 4C 10
27
וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלַ֔י זֹ֚את הָֽאָלָ֔ה הַיּוֹצֵ֖את עַל־פְּנֵ֣י כָל־הָאָ֑רֶץ
כִּ֣י כָל־הַגֹּנֵ֗ב מִזֶּה֙ כָּמ֣וֹהָ נִקָּ֔ה וְכָל־הַנִּ֨שְׁבָּ֔ע מִזֶּ֖ה כָּמ֥וֹהָ נִקָּֽה
3 And he said to me, This is the imprecation that goes forth on the face of the whole land,
for all who steal from it according to it are innocent, and all who swear from it according to it are innocent.
3e 4C 19
24
הוֹצֵאתִ֗יהָ נְאֻם֙ יְהוָ֣ה צְבָא֔וֹת וּבָ֙אָה֙ אֶל־בֵּ֣ית הַגַּנָּ֔ב וְאֶל־בֵּ֛ית הַנִּשְׁבָּ֥ע בִּשְׁמִ֖י לַשָּׁ֑קֶר
וְלָ֙נֶה֙ בְּת֣וֹךְ בֵּית֔וֹ וְכִלַּ֖תּוּ וְאֶת־עֵצָ֥יו וְאֶת־אֲבָנָֽיו
4 I will bring it forth, an oracle of Yahweh of hosts, and it will enter the house of the thief and the house of one who swears by my name falsely,
and it will lodge in the midst of his house it will consume it and its timber and its stones.
3d 4B 30
20
וַיֵּצֵ֕א הַמַּלְאָ֖ךְ הַדֹּבֵ֣ר בִּ֑י
וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלַ֔י שָׂ֣א נָ֤א עֵינֶ֙יךָ֙ וּרְאֵ֔ה מָ֖ה הַיּוֹצֵ֥את הַזֹּֽאת
5 So the angel of the one speaking in me came forth,
and said to me, Lift up, please, your eyes, and see what this is that is coming forth.
3e 4C 10
18
וָאֹמַ֖ר מַה־הִ֑יא
וַיֹּ֗אמֶר זֹ֤את הָֽאֵיפָה֙ הַיּוֹצֵ֔את וַיֹּ֕אמֶר זֹ֥את עֵינָ֖ם בְּכָל־הָאָֽרֶץ
6 And I said, What is it?
And he said, This is an ephah coming forth. And he said, this is their eye in all the land.
3e 4C 5
21
וְהִנֵּ֛ה כִּכַּ֥ר עֹפֶ֖רֶת נִשֵּׂ֑את
וְזֹאת֙ אִשָּׁ֣ה אַחַ֔ת יוֹשֶׁ֖בֶת בְּת֥וֹךְ הָאֵיפָֽה
7 And behold a talent of lead being lifted up,
and this one woman sitting in the midst of the ephah.
3d 4B 10
14
וַיֹּ֙אמֶר֙ זֹ֣את הָרִשְׁעָ֔ה וַיַּשְׁלֵ֥ךְ אֹתָ֖הּ אֶל־תּ֣וֹךְ הָֽאֵיפָ֑ה
וַיַּשְׁלֵ֛ךְ אֶת־אֶ֥בֶן הָעֹפֶ֖רֶת אֶל־פִּֽיהָ ס
8 And he said, This is wickedness, and he cast her into the centre of the ephah,
and he cast the stone of the lead into her mouth.
3d 4B 17
14
וָאֶשָּׂ֨א עֵינַ֜י וָאֵ֗רֶא וְהִנֵּה֩ שְׁתַּ֨יִם נָשִׁ֤ים יֽוֹצְאוֹת֙ וְר֣וּחַ בְּכַנְפֵיהֶ֔ם וְלָהֵ֥נָּה כְנָפַ֖יִם כְּכַנְפֵ֣י הַחֲסִידָ֑ה
וַתִּשֶּׂ֙אנָה֙ אֶת־הָ֣אֵיפָ֔ה בֵּ֥ין הָאָ֖רֶץ וּבֵ֥ין הַשָּׁמָֽיִם
9 And I lifted up my eyes and I saw, and behold two women coming forth and wind in their wings, and they had wings as the wings of the stork,
and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heavens.
3e 4C 38
18
וָאֹמַ֕ר אֶל־הַמַּלְאָ֖ךְ הַדֹּבֵ֣ר בִּ֑י
אָ֛נָה הֵ֥מָּה מֽוֹלִכ֖וֹת אֶת־הָאֵיפָֽה
10 And I said to the angel of the one speaking in me,
Where are they making the ephah go?
3d 4B 11
11
וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלַ֔י לִבְנֽוֹת־לָ֥הֿ בַ֖יִת בְּאֶ֣רֶץ שִׁנְעָ֑ר
וְהוּכַ֛ן וְהֻנִּ֥יחָה שָּׁ֖ם עַל־מְכֻנָתָֽהּ ס
11 And he said to me, To build for her a house in the land of Shinar.
And it is established, and she is left there on her base.
3d 4B 15
14


No comments:

Post a Comment