Saturday 26 February 2011

Whew

There is a time to run and a time to walk

I have corrected hundreds, even thousands, of errors caused by my incomplete algorithm. It's the Karate Kid all over - keep on doing the slow and painful repetitive mechanical work of individually reading and reviewing 4000 or so of 19500 words, and just watch how much you learn without knowing it. The brain is like the ground that works you know not how and eventually - viola - harvest.

I am approaching the harvest psalms but first I have combed through psalms 1-16 checking the recursions and correcting them based on all the manual changes I had made.  And I will mechanically catch up to where I am in a few days.

Essentially as I do more manual tables, I have enough of a measure to correct the 20 to 25% error rate in root calculation left in my first broad-brush measures. That will considerably reduce the effort and the errors in my construction of the rest of the framework for the comments I am developing on the psalms as a book.

Mechanically I have a full draft of the translations but I can see my methods taking me over every psalm at least 5 or 6 times before the first complete draft is done.  Still considering December as the time when the complete draft will be done.  In the meanwhile - do feel free to read and comment here and at POC  Psalm 17 will appear shortly...

1 comment:

  1. Bob, you're an inspiration. I'm working on two book projects; taken together they're not as ambitious as yours. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete