Wednesday 9 January 2013

In Memoriam

It was with great sadness that I read while on holidays Jan 3, 2013 of the death of a young man Dec 31, 2012. I did not know Mack, but I have had conversations with his father, Christian Brady.

Today would have been the 59th birthday of  my youngest sister, Janet. 50 years ago this year, she succumbed to childhood diabetes at age 9.  I cannot imagine my parents grief. It is not easy to say what I felt as a teen in those years, though it did affect my University year since I spent little time in class and instead read to my sister in the hospital. I even wrote some music for her funeral. In another day, even in another circumstance, she might have lived. This is a constant theme that I must forget. But clearly, I haven't.

No comments:

Post a Comment