Monday 16 December 2013

Psalm 119, Part 4, Daleth

My psalms were open at this chapter. I had stopped reading yesterday at part 3. This is a nice coincidence given my last post. Read 2 psalms a day. They are like vitamin D, the sunshine vitamin. D of course is the letter for this section of the acrostic. Part 4 is framed by cleaved (a first usage frame) and emphasizes the root for way or its verb direct. The first word is, of course, the title of my blog. Notice that Christian (Pilgrim's Progress) does not run randomly, but, directed, the archetype races. For the rest of my translation, please see Seeing the Psalter.
119 - I note the pathway to the extraordinary space
דָּבְקָה לֶעָפָר נַפְשִׁי
חַיֵּנִי כִּדְבָרֶךָ
25Dust-cleaved is my being
give me life according to your word
דְּרָכַי סִפַּרְתִּי וַתַּעֲנֵנִי
לַמְּדֵנִי חֻקֶּיךָ
26Declared have I my ways and you answered me
teach me your statutes
דֶּרֶךְ פִּקּוּדֶיךָ הֲבִינֵנִי
וְאָשִׂיחָה בְּנִפְלְאוֹתֶיךָ
27Direct my discernment in the way of your precepts
and I will ponder on your wonderful works
דָּלְפָה נַפְשִׁי מִתּוּגָה
קַיְּמֵנִי כִּדְבָרֶךָ
28Drips my being with sadness
raise me according to your word
דֶּרֶךְ שֶׁקֶר הָסֵר מִמֶּנִּי
וְתוֹרָתְךָ חָנֵּנִי
29Deceitful way put aside from me
and with your instruction grace me
דֶּרֶךְ אֱמוּנָה בָחָרְתִּי
מִשְׁפָּטֶיךָ שִׁוִּיתִי
30Deliberated have I a way of faith
with your judgments I have agreed
דָּבַקְתִּי בְעֵדְו‍ֹתֶיךָ
יְהוָה אַל תְּבִישֵׁנִי
31Determined I cleave to your testimonies
יְהוָה do not put me to shame
דֶּרֶךְ מִצְו‍ֹתֶיךָ אָרוּץ
כִּי תַרְחִיב לִבִּי
32Directed by your commandments I will race
for you enlarge my heart
Hebrew words: 1064. Percentage of Hebrew words that recur in this psalm: 86%. Average keywords per verse: 5.2.
Selected recurring words (25 to 32)
Word and gloss * first usage1234VsRoot
* דבקה cleaved
25דבק
נפשׁי my being
25נפשׁ
כדברך according to your word
25דבר
דרכי my ways
26דרך
דרך direct in the way of
27דרך
נפשׁי my being
28נפשׁ
כדברך according to your word
28דבר
דרך way
29דרך
דרך a way of
30דרך
* דבקתי determined I cleave
31דבק
דרך directed by
32דרך
PSALMS 119 - part 4 - Daleth
Last printed on 2013.12.16-10:57
Compare other translations. Greek LXX apparently not available. #bgbg2


No comments:

Post a Comment