Thursday 25 January 2018

Genesis 27

I oscillate between my child, and my son. Clearly I could be gender specific here.

Your trident תלי. All I know is it is not a quiver אשׁפה. And I don't know that these are weapons or if venison is the target. (I have never used weapon so it would not disobey my rules to use it.)
That Isaac cannot distinguish venison from goat seems odd to me.

Hunt and game are the same stem. These are my glosses so far. There seems to be more variation than needed, but I would have to consider each case again in its context.
צוד buckler (1) chase (3) fortress (16) game (9) hound (4) hunt (20) provender (2) victual (3)

E.g. Psalm 78:25
The bread of the mighty each ate.Victuals he sent among them to satiation.

Genesis 27 Fn Min Max Syll
וַיְהִי֙ כִּֽי־זָקֵ֣ן יִצְחָ֔ק וַתִּכְהֶ֥יןָ עֵינָ֖יו מֵרְאֹ֑ת
וַיִּקְרָ֞א אֶת־עֵשָׂ֣ו ׀ בְּנ֣וֹ הַגָּדֹ֗ל וַיֹּ֤אמֶר אֵלָיו֙ בְּנִ֔י וַיֹּ֥אמֶר אֵלָ֖יו הִנֵּֽנִי
1 And it was when Yitschaq was old and his eyes were dim from seeing,
and he called Esau his older son and said to him, My child. And he said to him, Here am I.
3e 4C 14
26
וַיֹּ֕אמֶר הִנֵּה־נָ֖א זָקַ֑נְתִּי
לֹ֥א יָדַ֖עְתִּי י֥וֹם מוֹתִֽי
2 And he said, Behold, if you will, I am old.
I do not know the day of my death.
3e 4A 9
7
וְעַתָּה֙ שָׂא־נָ֣א כֵלֶ֔יךָ תֶּלְיְךָ֖ וְקַשְׁתֶּ֑ךָ
וְצֵא֙ הַשָּׂדֶ֔ה וְצ֥וּדָה לִּ֖י צָֽיִד
3 So now lift up please, your instruments, your trident and your bow,
and go out into the field and hunt for me, game.
3e 4B 15
11
וַעֲשֵׂה־לִ֨י מַטְעַמִּ֜ים כַּאֲשֶׁ֥ר אָהַ֛בְתִּי וְהָבִ֥יאָה לִּ֖י וְאֹכֵ֑לָה
בַּעֲב֛וּר תְּבָרֶכְךָ֥ נַפְשִׁ֖י בְּטֶ֥רֶם אָמֽוּת
4 And make for me tasty dishes such as I have loved, and have it brought to me,
and I will eat, so that I may bless you before I die.
3d 4A 22
14
וְרִבְקָ֣ה שֹׁמַ֔עַת בְּדַבֵּ֣ר יִצְחָ֔ק אֶל־עֵשָׂ֖ו בְּנ֑וֹ
וַיֵּ֤לֶךְ עֵשָׂו֙ הַשָּׂדֶ֔ה לָצ֥וּד צַ֖יִד לְהָבִֽיא
5 And Rebekah heard Yitschaq speaking to Esau, his son.
And Esau went into the field to hunt for game to bring.
3e 4C 16
15
וְרִבְקָה֙ אָֽמְרָ֔ה אֶל־יַעֲקֹ֥ב בְּנָ֖הּ לֵאמֹ֑ר
הִנֵּ֤ה שָׁמַ֙עְתִּי֙ אֶת־אָבִ֔יךָ מְדַבֵּ֛ר אֶל־עֵשָׂ֥ו אָחִ֖יךָ לֵאמֹֽר
6 And Rebekah said to Jacob her son, saying,
Behold, I have heard your father speaking to Esau your brother, saying,
3d 4C 13
20
הָבִ֨יאָה לִּ֥י צַ֛יִד וַעֲשֵׂה־לִ֥י מַטְעַמִּ֖ים וְאֹכֵ֑לָה
וַאֲבָרֶכְכָ֛ה לִפְנֵ֥י יְהוָ֖ה לִפְנֵ֥י מוֹתִֽי
7 Bring me game and make for me tasty dishes and I will eat.
And I will bless you in the presence of Yahweh before my death.
3d 4A 17
13
וְעַתָּ֥ה בְנִ֖י שְׁמַ֣ע בְּקֹלִ֑י
לַאֲשֶׁ֥ר אֲנִ֖י מְצַוָּ֥ה אֹתָֽךְ
8 And now my son, hear with my voice,
for what I command you.
3e 4B 10
10
לֶךְ־נָא֙ אֶל־הַצֹּ֔אן וְקַֽח־לִ֣י מִשָּׁ֗ם שְׁנֵ֛י גְּדָיֵ֥י עִזִּ֖ים טֹבִ֑ים
וְאֶֽעֱשֶׂ֨ה אֹתָ֧ם מַטְעַמִּ֛ים לְאָבִ֖יךָ כַּאֲשֶׁ֥ר אָהֵֽב
9 Go now to the flock, and take for me from there two young kids of she-goats, good ones,
and I will make them into tasty dishes for your father, such as he loves.
3c 4B 19
18
וְהֵבֵאתָ֥ לְאָבִ֖יךָ וְאָכָ֑ל
בַּעֲבֻ֛ר אֲשֶׁ֥ר יְבָרֶכְךָ֖ לִפְנֵ֥י מוֹתֽוֹ
10 And you will bring it to your father and he will eat,
so that he will bless you before his death.
3d 4A 11
13
וַיֹּ֣אמֶר יַעֲקֹ֔ב אֶל־רִבְקָ֖ה אִמּ֑וֹ
הֵ֣ן עֵשָׂ֤ו אָחִי֙ אִ֣ישׁ שָׂעִ֔ר וְאָנֹכִ֖י אִ֥ישׁ חָלָֽק
11 And Jacob said to Rebekah his mother,
Lo Esau my brother is a man of hair, and I, a man of smoothness.
3e 4C 11
15
אוּלַ֤י יְמֻשֵּׁ֙נִי֙ אָבִ֔י וְהָיִ֥יתִי בְעֵינָ֖יו כִּמְתַעְתֵּ֑עַ
וְהֵבֵאתִ֥י עָלַ֛י קְלָלָ֖ה וְלֹ֥א בְרָכָֽה
12 Perhaps my father will draw me out, and I will be in his eyes as one who misuses,
that I will bring on me a slight, and not a blessing.
3d 4C 19
14
וַתֹּ֤אמֶר לוֹ֙ אִמּ֔וֹ עָלַ֥י קִלְלָתְךָ֖ בְּנִ֑י
אַ֛ךְ שְׁמַ֥ע בְּקֹלִ֖י וְלֵ֥ךְ קַֽח־לִֽי
13 Then his mother said to him, On me be your slighting, my child,
but hear with my voice and go. Lay hold for me.
3d 4C 13
10
וַיֵּ֙לֶךְ֙ וַיִּקַּ֔ח וַיָּבֵ֖א לְאִמּ֑וֹ
וַתַּ֤עַשׂ אִמּוֹ֙ מַטְעַמִּ֔ים כַּאֲשֶׁ֖ר אָהֵ֥ב אָבִֽיו
14 So he went, and he took, and he came to his mother,
and his mother made tasty dishes such as his father loved.
3e 4C 12
15
וַתִּקַּ֣ח רִ֠בְקָה אֶת־בִּגְדֵ֨י עֵשָׂ֜ו בְּנָ֤הּ הַגָּדֹל֙ הַחֲמֻדֹ֔ת אֲשֶׁ֥ר אִתָּ֖הּ בַּבָּ֑יִת
וַתַּלְבֵּ֥שׁ אֶֽת־יַעֲקֹ֖ב בְּנָ֥הּ הַקָּטָֽן
15 And Rebekah took attractive garments of Esau her older son that were with her in the house,
and clothed Jacob her younger son.
3e 4C 26
12
וְאֵ֗ת עֹרֹת֙ גְּדָיֵ֣י הָֽעִזִּ֔ים הִלְבִּ֖ישָׁה עַל־יָדָ֑יו
וְעַ֖ל חֶלְקַ֥ת צַוָּארָֽיו
16 And the skins of the young kids of the she-goats, she put on his hands,
and on the smoothness of his neck.
3e 4B 16
7
וַתִּתֵּ֧ן אֶת־הַמַּטְעַמִּ֛ים וְאֶת־הַלֶּ֖חֶם אֲשֶׁ֣ר עָשָׂ֑תָה
בְּיַ֖ד יַעֲקֹ֥ב בְּנָֽהּ
17 And she gave the tasty dish and the bread that she had made,
into the hand of Jacob her son.
3c 4B 18
7
וַיָּבֹ֥א אֶל־אָבִ֖יו וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אָבִ֑י
וַיֹּ֣אמֶר הִנֶּ֔נִּי מִ֥י אַתָּ֖ה בְּנִֽי
18 And he came to his father, saying, My father.
And he said, Here am I. Who are you, my son?
3e 4B 11
11
וַיֹּ֨אמֶר יַעֲקֹ֜ב אֶל־אָבִ֗יו אָנֹכִי֙ עֵשָׂ֣ו בְּכֹרֶ֔ךָ עָשִׂ֕יתִי כַּאֲשֶׁ֥ר דִּבַּ֖רְתָּ אֵלָ֑י
קֽוּם־נָ֣א שְׁבָ֗ה וְאָכְלָה֙ מִצֵּידִ֔י בַּעֲב֖וּר תְּבָרֲכַ֥נִּי נַפְשֶֽׁךָ
19 And Jacob said to his father, I am Esau your firstborn. I made as you spoke to me.
Arise, please. Sit and eat from my game so that you may bless me.
3e 4B 29
21
וַיֹּ֤אמֶר יִצְחָק֙ אֶל־בְּנ֔וֹ מַה־זֶּ֛ה מִהַ֥רְתָּ לִמְצֹ֖א בְּנִ֑י
וַיֹּ֕אמֶר כִּ֥י הִקְרָ֛ה יְהוָ֥ה אֱלֹהֶ֖יךָ לְפָנָֽי
20 And Yitschaq said to his son, How is this that you have so swiftly found, my child?
And he said, It transpired that Yahweh your God was before me.
3d 4C 17
15
וַיֹּ֤אמֶר יִצְחָק֙ אֶֽל־יַעֲקֹ֔ב גְּשָׁה־נָּ֥א וַאֲמֻֽשְׁךָ֖ בְּנִ֑י
הַֽאַתָּ֥ה זֶ֛ה בְּנִ֥י עֵשָׂ֖ו אִם־לֹֽא
21 And Yitschaq said to Jacob, Come close, if you will, that I may feel you, my child.
Is this you, my son, Esau, or not?
3d 4C 18
10
וַיִּגַּ֧שׁ יַעֲקֹ֛ב אֶל־יִצְחָ֥ק אָבִ֖יו וַיְמֻשֵּׁ֑הוּ
וַיֹּ֗אמֶר הַקֹּל֙ ק֣וֹל יַעֲקֹ֔ב וְהַיָּדַ֖יִם יְדֵ֥י עֵשָֽׂו
22 And Jacob came close to Yitschaq his father, and he felt him,
and said, The voice is the voice of Jacob, but the hands are the hands of Esau.
3c 4B 15
17
וְלֹ֣א הִכִּיר֔וֹ כִּֽי־הָי֣וּ יָדָ֗יו כִּידֵ֛י עֵשָׂ֥ו אָחִ֖יו שְׂעִרֹ֑ת
וַֽיְבָרְכֵֽהוּ
23 And he did not recognize him, for his hands were like the hands of Esau his brother, hairy,
and he blessed him.
3d 4B 18
4
וַיֹּ֕אמֶר אַתָּ֥ה זֶ֖ה בְּנִ֣י עֵשָׂ֑ו
וַיֹּ֖אמֶר אָֽנִי
24 And he said, Is this you my son, Esau?
And he said, I am.
3e 4B 10
5
וַיֹּ֗אמֶר הַגִּ֤שָׁה לִּי֙ וְאֹֽכְלָה֙ מִצֵּ֣יד בְּנִ֔י לְמַ֥עַן תְּבָֽרֶכְךָ֖ נַפְשִׁ֑י
וַיַּגֶּשׁ־לוֹ֙ וַיֹּאכַ֔ל וַיָּ֧בֵא ל֦וֹ יַ֖יִן וַיֵּֽשְׁתְּ
25 And he said, Bring it close to me and I will eat from the game of my child so that I may bless you.
And he brought it close to him and he ate, and he brought to him wine, and he imbibed.
3c 4C 23
15
וַיֹּ֥אמֶר אֵלָ֖יו יִצְחָ֣ק אָבִ֑יו
גְּשָׁה־נָּ֥א וּשְׁקָה־לִּ֖י בְּנִֽי
26 And Yitschaq his father said to him,
Come close, if you will, and kiss me, my child.
3e 4B 9
8
וַיִּגַּשׁ֙ וַיִּשַּׁק־ל֔וֹ וַיָּ֛רַח אֶת־רֵ֥יחַ בְּגָדָ֖יו וַֽיְבָרֲכֵ֑הוּ
וַיֹּ֗אמֶר רְאֵה֙ רֵ֣יחַ בְּנִ֔י כְּרֵ֣יחַ שָׂדֶ֔ה אֲשֶׁ֥ר בֵּרֲכ֖וֹ יְהוָֽה
27 And he came close and kissed him, and he smelled the fragrance of his garments, and he blessed him,
and he said, See, the fragrance of my child is like the fragrance of a field that Yahweh has blessed.
3d 4B 21
21
וְיִֽתֶּן־לְךָ֙ הָאֱלֹהִ֔ים מִטַּל֙ הַשָּׁמַ֔יִם וּמִשְׁמַנֵּ֖י הָאָ֑רֶץ
וְרֹ֥ב דָּגָ֖ן וְתִירֹֽשׁ
28 And may God give to you from the dew of the heavens and from the oil of the earth,
and abundance of grain and new wine.
3e 4A 21
7
יַֽעַבְד֣וּךָ עַמִּ֗ים וְיִֽשְׁתַּחֲו֤וּ לְךָ֙ לְאֻמִּ֔ים הֱוֵ֤ה גְבִיר֙ לְאַחֶ֔יךָ וְיִשְׁתַּחֲוּ֥וּ לְךָ֖ בְּנֵ֣י אִמֶּ֑ךָ
אֹרְרֶ֣יךָ אָר֔וּר וּֽמְבָרֲכֶ֖יךָ בָּרֽוּךְ
29 Let peoples serve you and let tribes worship you. Be valiant for your brothers, and let the children of your mother worship you.
Who curses you is cursed, and who blesses you is blessed.
3e 4C 36
12
וַיְהִ֗י כַּאֲשֶׁ֨ר כִּלָּ֣ה יִצְחָק֮ לְבָרֵ֣ךְ אֶֽת־יַעֲקֹב֒ וַיְהִ֗י אַ֣ךְ יָצֹ֤א יָצָא֙ יַעֲקֹ֔ב מֵאֵ֥ת פְּנֵ֖י יִצְחָ֣ק אָבִ֑יו
וְעֵשָׂ֣ו אָחִ֔יו בָּ֖א מִצֵּידֽוֹ
30 And it happened that as Yitschaq finished blessing Jacob and Jacob had but gone out from the presence of Yitschaq his father.
that Esau his brother came in from his hunting.
3e 4C 34
9
וַיַּ֤עַשׂ גַּם־הוּא֙ מַטְעַמִּ֔ים וַיָּבֵ֖א לְאָבִ֑יו
וַיֹּ֣אמֶר לְאָבִ֗יו יָקֻ֤ם אָבִי֙ וְיֹאכַל֙ מִצֵּ֣יד בְּנ֔וֹ בַּעֲב֖וּר תְּבָרֲכַ֥נִּי נַפְשֶֽׁךָ
31 And he himself also made tasty dishes, and he came to his father,
and said to his father, Let my father arise and eat from the game of his son, so that you may bless me.
3e 4C 14
28
וַיֹּ֥אמֶר ל֛וֹ יִצְחָ֥ק אָבִ֖יו מִי־אָ֑תָּה
וַיֹּ֕אמֶר אֲנִ֛י בִּנְךָ֥ בְכֹֽרְךָ֖ עֵשָֽׂו
32 And Yitschaq his father said to him, Who are you?
And he said, I am your child, your firstborn, Esau.
3d 4A 10
12
וַיֶּחֱרַ֨ד יִצְחָ֣ק חֲרָדָה֮ גְּדֹלָ֣ה עַד־מְאֹד֒ וַיֹּ֡אמֶר מִֽי־אֵפ֡וֹא ה֣וּא הַצָּֽד־צַיִד֩ וַיָּ֨בֵא לִ֜י וָאֹכַ֥ל מִכֹּ֛ל בְּטֶ֥רֶם תָּב֖וֹא וָאֲבָרֲכֵ֑הוּ
גַּם־בָּר֖וּךְ יִהְיֶֽה
33 And Yitschaq was apprehensive, greatly excessively apprehensive, and he said, Who? Where is he who hunted game and came to me, and I have eaten from all ere you came, and I blessed him?
Also blessed, he will be.
3d 4B 45
5
כִּשְׁמֹ֤עַ עֵשָׂו֙ אֶת־דִּבְרֵ֣י אָבִ֔יו וַיִּצְעַ֣ק צְעָקָ֔ה גְּדֹלָ֥ה וּמָרָ֖ה עַד־מְאֹ֑ד
וַיֹּ֣אמֶר לְאָבִ֔יו בָּרֲכֵ֥נִי גַם־אָ֖נִי אָבִֽי
34 When Esau heard the words of his father, he cried out a great and excessively bitter outcry,
and he said to his father, Bless me, even me, my father.
3e 4C 25
15
וַיֹּ֕אמֶר בָּ֥א אָחִ֖יךָ בְּמִרְמָ֑ה
וַיִּקַּ֖ח בִּרְכָתֶֽךָ
35 And he said, Your brother came in deception,
and he has taken your blessing.
3e 4A 10
7
וַיֹּ֡אמֶר הֲכִי֩ קָרָ֨א שְׁמ֜וֹ יַעֲקֹ֗ב וַֽיַּעְקְבֵ֙נִי֙ זֶ֣ה פַעֲמַ֔יִם אֶת־בְּכֹרָתִ֣י לָקָ֔ח וְהִנֵּ֥ה עַתָּ֖ה לָקַ֣ח בִּרְכָתִ֑י
וַיֹּאמַ֕ר הֲלֹא־אָצַ֥לְתָּ לִּ֖י בְּרָכָֽה
36 And he said, Is this not why his name was called Jacob that he has supplanted me these two times? My birthright he took, and behold, now he has taken my blessing.
And he said, Have you not held in reserve for me a blessing?
3e 4B 38
11
וַיַּ֨עַן יִצְחָ֜ק וַיֹּ֣אמֶר לְעֵשָׂ֗ו הֵ֣ן גְּבִ֞יר שַׂמְתִּ֥יו לָךְ֙ וְאֶת־כָּל־אֶחָ֗יו נָתַ֤תִּי לוֹ֙ לַעֲבָדִ֔ים וְדָגָ֥ן וְתִירֹ֖שׁ סְמַכְתִּ֑יו
וּלְכָ֣ה אֵפ֔וֹא מָ֥ה אֶֽעֱשֶׂ֖ה בְּנִֽי
37 And Yitschaq answered and said to Esau, Lo, as the valiant, I have set him for you, and all his brothers I have given to him as servants, and with the grain and new wine I have sustained him.
and for you here, what will I do, my child?
3e 4C 39
10
וַיֹּ֨אמֶר עֵשָׂ֜ו אֶל־אָבִ֗יו הַֽבְרָכָ֨ה אַחַ֤ת הִֽוא־לְךָ֙ אָבִ֔י בָּרֲכֵ֥נִי גַם־אָ֖נִי אָבִ֑י
וַיִּשָּׂ֥א עֵשָׂ֛ו קֹל֖וֹ וַיֵּֽבְךְּ
38 And Esau said to his father, One blessing have you, my father? Bless me, even me, my father.
And Esau lifted up his voice and wept.
3d 4C 28
10
וַיַּ֛עַן יִצְחָ֥ק אָבִ֖יו וַיֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלָ֑יו
הִנֵּ֞ה מִשְׁמַנֵּ֤י הָאָ֙רֶץ֙ יִהְיֶ֣ה מֽוֹשָׁבֶ֔ךָ וּמִטַּ֥ל הַשָּׁמַ֖יִם מֵעָֽל
39 And Yitschaq his father answered and he said to him,
Behold, from the oil of the earth will be your settlement, and from the dew of the heavens above.
3d 4C 12
22
וְעַל־חַרְבְּךָ֣ תִֽחְיֶ֔ה וְאֶת־אָחִ֖יךָ תַּעֲבֹ֑ד
וְהָיָה֙ כַּאֲשֶׁ֣ר תָּרִ֔יד וּפָרַקְתָּ֥ עֻלּ֖וֹ מֵעַ֥ל צַוָּארֶֽךָ
40 And by your sword you will live, and your brother you will serve,
and it will happen that as you are restless, you will rend his shackle from your neck.
3e 4B 15
20
וַיִּשְׂטֹ֤ם עֵשָׂו֙ אֶֽת־יַעֲקֹ֔ב עַל־הַ֨בְּרָכָ֔ה אֲשֶׁ֥ר בֵּרֲכ֖וֹ אָבִ֑יו
וַיֹּ֨אמֶר עֵשָׂ֜ו בְּלִבּ֗וֹ יִקְרְבוּ֙ יְמֵי֙ אֵ֣בֶל אָבִ֔י וְאַֽהַרְגָ֖ה אֶת־יַעֲקֹ֥ב אָחִֽי
41 And Esau opposed Jacob over the blessing that his father had blessed him,
and Esau said in his heart, The days approach of the  lament of my father, and I will slay Jacob my brother.
3e 4C 20
27
וַיֻּגַּ֣ד לְרִבְקָ֔ה אֶת־דִּבְרֵ֥י עֵשָׂ֖ו בְּנָ֣הּ הַגָּדֹ֑ל
וַתִּשְׁלַ֞ח וַתִּקְרָ֤א לְיַעֲקֹב֙ בְּנָ֣הּ הַקָּטָ֔ן וַתֹּ֣אמֶר אֵלָ֔יו הִנֵּה֙ עֵשָׂ֣ו אָחִ֔יךָ מִתְנַחֵ֥ם לְךָ֖ לְהָרְגֶֽךָ
42 And the words of Esau her older son were told to Rebekah,
and she sent and she called to Jacob her younger son, and she said to him, Behold Esau your brother comforts himself about you, to slay you.
3e 4C 16
36
וְעַתָּ֥ה בְנִ֖י שְׁמַ֣ע בְּקֹלִ֑י
וְק֧וּם בְּרַח־לְךָ֛ אֶל־לָבָ֥ן אָחִ֖י חָרָֽנָה
43 And now my son hear with my voice,
and arise, run away for yourself to Laban my brother, to Haran.
3c 4B 10
14
וְיָשַׁבְתָּ֥ עִמּ֖וֹ יָמִ֣ים אֲחָדִ֑ים
עַ֥ד אֲשֶׁר־תָּשׁ֖וּב חֲמַ֥ת אָחִֽיךָ
44 And settle with him several days,
until the poison of your brother turns back.
3e 4B 11
10
עַד־שׁ֨וּב אַף־אָחִ֜יךָ מִמְּךָ֗ וְשָׁכַח֙ אֵ֣ת אֲשֶׁר־עָשִׂ֣יתָ לּ֔וֹ וְשָׁלַחְתִּ֖י וּלְקַחְתִּ֣יךָ מִשָּׁ֑ם
לָמָ֥ה אֶשְׁכַּ֛ל גַּם־שְׁנֵיכֶ֖ם י֥וֹם אֶחָֽד
45 Till the anger of your brother is turned from you and he forgets what you have done to him. Then I will send and have you taken from there.
Why should I be bereaved also of you both in one day?.
3d 4B 28
11
וַתֹּ֤אמֶר רִבְקָה֙ אֶל־יִצְחָ֔ק קַ֣צְתִּי בְחַיַּ֔י מִפְּנֵ֖י בְּנ֣וֹת חֵ֑ת
אִם־לֹקֵ֣חַ יַ֠עֲקֹב אִשָּׁ֨ה מִבְּנֽוֹת־חֵ֤ת כָּאֵ֙לֶּה֙ מִבְּנ֣וֹת הָאָ֔רֶץ לָ֥מָּה לִּ֖י חַיִּֽים
46 Then Rebekah said to Yitschaq, I bristle in my life from the presence of the daughters of Heit.
If Jacob were to take a wife from the daughters of Heit such as these from the daughters of the land, what is living to me?
3e 4C 18
25



No comments:

Post a Comment